discuss - [opennic-discuss] Amazon Hosting

[opennic-discuss] Amazon Hosting

  • From: Ryan Trinder <tguerilla AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Amazon Hosting
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 23:49:33 -0400

Hey OpenNIC,

I was considering hosting a tier 2 in Amazon and was curious what everyone thinks about that?

Also, how are most hosting tier 2s? If I were not in such a space and bandwidth controlled apt, a spare server would be my first idea.

This also made me think about how OpenNIC could incorporate as a 501c3. I noticed that this topic was brought up in 2010 by Brian Koontz, did it go anywhere?

I helped cofound a hackerspace in Kansas City, MO called the Cowtown Computer Congress of Kansas City http://c3kc.org and nearly saw the entire process of incorporating in MO. I am no longer affiliated with it as I moved in NYC.

OpenNIC is a really cool project btw, I am excited to contribute.

- Ryan

  • [opennic-discuss] Amazon Hosting, Ryan Trinder, 05/31/2012