discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .ing/.micro t1 IP update

Re: [opennic-discuss] .ing/.micro t1 IP update

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timgws.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .ing/.micro t1 IP update
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Peter,

Thanks, apologies, the email was meant to state that the old IP will be
supported until the 30th of June, ie, it will be guaranteed to be updated
from the galium interface until the 30th :)

On 1 July I will change the config so that it slaves from the new IP address,
and will be marked as deprecated.

In a nutshell, the timeframe is:
* Friday morning (15 June): IP for register.ing is set to the IP for the new
server.
* Saturday morning (16 June): IP address for T1 of .ing will be released. 14
day migration period begins
* 30 June: All references to 128.177.28.254 should now be replaced with the
new IP address. Old IP marked as deprecated, and should no longer be used.
* ~ 14 July: 128.177.28.254 will be offline.
* 20 July: We all live happily ever after, and all of our issues with .ing
and .micro are gone for life.

Regards,
Tim :)