discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing

  • From: Niels Dettenbach <nd AT syndicat.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Google map beta testing
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:03:21 +0200

Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012, 01:22:09 schrieb Jeff Taylor:
> The problem with creating multiple points at the exact same location is
> that you have no way of accessing every point behind the front one, so
> how do you retrieve the information about each server located there?

The OL libs handles this byself i.e. with showing one point icon with a more
or less hard "shadow" behind automatically. If going mouseover or click (not
remember yet exactly from my last plays with it) a number of icons is
"springing" out of this point allowing selection of each. Afaik there or
other
libs which handle that otherwise too, but never tested them.

I think it depends from what the map should show as unique POIs / markers:
Servers or Server locations or locations / areas with servers.

Sorry for the noise...

best regards,

Niels.
--