discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ T1 unexpected downtime

Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ T1 unexpected downtime

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .OZ T1 unexpected downtime
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 09:32:13 +1000

All remedy has been put into action and .OZ is now working again. This
is to announce an immediate IP address change: 103.1.185.92.

With this new IP address comes a server location change. It is no longer
based in Los Angeles, but in Sydney Australia.

Also, extensive backup and failover procedures are being made and being
planned. I am also investigating anycast and geocast, the results of
which if anything comes of that will be given to the OpenNIC Project.

I will also make the IP address change announcement on the DNS list.

Last minute changes to the glue record on the T1's side are being put
into place right now.

My apologies to all for this unfortunate incident and know that I will
be doing everything I can to ensure the chance of this happening again
are very, very slim.

--
Martin C.