discuss - [opennic-discuss] b) news about second domain name authority AND launch of .berlin domains and sites including registration of .berlin a) Do we say anything to Mr Dotcom?

[opennic-discuss] b) news about second domain name authority AND launch of .berlin domains and sites including registration of .berlin a) Do we say anything to Mr Dotcom?

  • From: "JP Blankert (Thuis PC)" <jpblankert AT zonnet.nl>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org, Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>, berlin AT multiwebsphere.com
  • Cc: Mark Peters <mark.peters.493 AT gmail.com>, "JP Blankert (thuis PC)" <jpblankert AT zonnet.nl>, info AT altrootfoundation.org, berlin AT multiwebsphere.com
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] b) news about second domain name authority AND launch of .berlin domains and sites including registration of .berlin a) Do we say anything to Mr Dotcom?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 07:13:49 +0100

Dear mates of opennic.org,

You may remember that 1,5 year ago I wrote "We are working on a new browser, and searchengine, in order to bring out new domein name extensions"

Now, November 2012, everything works and we will launch. It may be important news that can help you, OpenNic, as well.

Read http://altrootfoundation.org, and especially the letter to Icann: http://altrootfoundation.org/docs/icann%20altrootfoundation%205%20nov%202012.pdf

(Please do not take the slight criticism towards 'USA' personally).

Furthermore, have a look at http://multiwebsphere.com/ - that site will be further 'polished' until Sunday evening 11 Nov., at at 21.45 hrs = 9:45 p.,. CEST time there, our browser and search engine will be for download on that site from Sunday evening on, with the announcement which .berlin site you can see WITH the browser. One could see the .belin site also with a traditional browser, wouldn't it be that in the normal DNS tree non Icann extensions are kept out as much as possible.

The altrootfoundation could protect Opennic extensions, but also promised in its statutes to not interfere with existing Icann extensions....so AltRootFoundation would not start a new .org or .com. But extensions that were rejected by Icann, of course YES.

We are proud of our net technical solution, plug-ins for traditional browsers will come. Whether it will be a commercial success: we do not know yet.

But if you all give https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neu-berlin-Domain-Names/422576731124464 a lot of 'likes', it will influence the success, press coverage etc. and then it is difficult to hold us back!

So thank you for your 'likes', thanks for the help of many of you last 1,5 years, and you will see that also in our search engine we thought of Opennic ! ;)

If the days after November 11, there is enough interest in Berlin, we will present the Domain Name etc, on November 16 in Berlin itself -> more press coverage and more irreversability of the process.

Thank you for your 'likes' on mentioned facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Neu-berlin-Domain-Names/422576731124464 , and let's continue to co-operate!

Best regards,

Philippe Blankert M. Sc. , director of Multiwebsphere (.com), the technological body that realises browser, search engine etc.
berlin AT multiwebsphere.com 8 Nov. 2012

(The AltRootFoundation.org is a separate organisation, and comparable to Icann.org: an authority where one can apply for domain name extensions - but: far cheaper, faster, larger chance of approval etc.. 'Separate browsers' and 'separate plugins' will not be required anymore if 'mainstream DNS and searchengines adopt non-Icann extensions as well, and drop their program lines that boil down to {if not Icann extension; do not index; index})