discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins

Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins

  • From: Richard Lyons <richard AT the-place.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:33:29 +0000
  • Comment: DKIM? See http://www.dkim.org
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=the-place.net; h=Received:X-Qmail-Scanner-Diagnostics:X-Qmail-Scanner-Mail-From:X-Qmail-Scanner:Received:Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:References:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Disposition:In-Reply-To:User-Agent; b=Obhtswsgc9QZWcGzZL/PlZM1JkAbgjhkIJvEtriADHlUO4FhMU7+Vys4WdKvXj z4dRw14UTpznJ+z0z5GzpPGHRsVxkL+65GlV5xGooH/kc3ua721Xvr4B9rT4gTXd x41sho9fx3CH/L+jK3QOdMTPz1GXLL1kNoxjwaFWs8xcA=;

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 21:23:42 +0000, Alex Nordlund wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Richard Lyons <richard AT the-place.net>
> wrote:
> > Where there is a much more appealing graphic logo than the swirl
> > currently under development, BTW
>
> I happen to love the swirl so I might be biased, but I don't see
> anything that makes what's on Facebook "better" than the swirl,

I don't know how a decision is to be reached on this. I won't repeat my
quite detailed criticism of the swirl (concept and execution). I am
happy to do some work on whichever is decided by whatever consensus or
other route.

Regarding the swirl, while the cleaner thinner more professional swirl
(as currently on dev.nanohost.free) is better technically, I actually
think the slightly crude earlier version (with the dot colliding with
the swirl) was more vigorous and might be turned into a logo with more
personality in several different ways. Yes, I know that contradicts what
I said earlier.

Anyway, I can work up some suggestions in vector format of any of the
four families of logo so far mentioned.

richard