discuss - [opennic-discuss] Wiki server offline

[opennic-discuss] Wiki server offline

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Wiki server offline
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 23:37:58 -0600

The wiki server has died its final death. It has been down for over 24
hours, and will likely remain offline for another day. I have contacted
Julian, and was told there may be some new hardware tomorrow to replace
the failing machine. Unfortunately there will be no way to bring the
old server back online again before then.

If you have an immediate question, your best bet is to find someone in
the IRC channel to ask. Otherwise, hang in there until we get it sorted
out, and we'll be back up and running again soon!

FYI - The wiki server does not handle any of the DNS tasks, so services
will not be affected by this outage.