discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] My .null domain hijacked - Where is reg.for.free?

Re: [opennic-discuss] My .null domain hijacked - Where is reg.for.free?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] My .null domain hijacked - Where is reg.for.free?
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 08:56:55 -0600

Well that does sound about right for the email address to reach Julian.
And he is aware that the site is down right now... a bad crash on the
old machine has forced him to try and rebuild the server, but not a lot
of free time to get it done, so it's taking him awhile. He can still
make manual changes to the entries though.

I'm looking at the .free zone file that is being reported, and the
information looks fine for your domain...

danq NS ns1.danq
NS ns2.danq
$ORIGIN danq.free.
ns1 A 209.200.237.4
ns2 A 209.200.238.4

Those nameservers also resolve to ns[1-2].lunarservers.com, and they
report danq.free having an A record of 209.200.253.108.

On the other hand, danq.null is pointing to different DNS servers:

danq NS ns1.danq
NS ns2.danq
$ORIGIN danq.null.
ns1 A 119.18.57.13
ns2 A 119.18.57.20

From this info, danq.null returns an A record of 119.18.57.13, and that
IP range appears to be owned by hostgator.in. Is this something you
might have originally set up, or perhaps entered the wrong information?