discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Fwd: Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Security Studies on the Use of Non-Delegated TLDs, and Dotless Names

Re: [opennic-discuss] Fwd: Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Security Studies on the Use of Non-Delegated TLDs, and Dotless Names

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.free>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Fwd: Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Security Studies on the Use of Non-Delegated TLDs, and Dotless Names
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:33:00 +0100

Hi all,

Can someone please clarify what a dotless name is?

To me it seems it should be a TLDless name or simply a TLD.

All addresses as I understand it have a '.' at the end (which is added by the browser these days or not needed for some other reason), i.e. 'http://www.opennicproject.org.' so dotless makes little sense to me.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Peter

--
Wanged from my Kaiser by a mischievous pixie!