discuss - [opennic-discuss] New Opennic tld proposal: .ibu

[opennic-discuss] New Opennic tld proposal: .ibu

  • From: Alejandro Bonet <albogoal AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] New Opennic tld proposal: .ibu
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:54:02 +0100

Hi All Opennic Communitiy:

My name is Alejandro Bonet from Madrid and i will talk also in name of
Pedro Barrio also from Madrid, and Juan Rodriguez from A Coruña (all
three in Spain).

We are three computer programmers with years of experience.

We have designed and developed a proposed internet protocol, and a
free software to implement a new virtual currency called IBU.

This new currency is created as Universal Basic Income instead of debt
against central banks.
The fundamentals of this new currency are:

- All physical persons have the right to create his own IBUs at a rate
of 1000 IBUs per month.
This is so called "IBU1000 right".
- The exact quantity is derived to the fact this is the world GDP
percapita measured on euros or american dollars. In this way prices
for products or services in IBUs could be the same as prices in euros
or dollars.
- Each first day of each month an automated process creates the 1000
IBUs for those users who have make five movements the preceding month.
This prevents the creation of IBUs in unnattended accounts.
- Each IBU account has the form: user$domain (like email accounts).
The use of dollar separator is based on the fact it is a symbol
present in all keyboards worldwide.
- There is an open protocol specification (we are working in the 2.0
specs) to make transations between IBU acounts. The protocol is based
in http/https requests and XML responses.
- Each domain talking the IBU1000 protocol must publish open
statistical data about IBUs created and transfered in time, without
any kind of personal data. A domain talking the protocol is an
"ibu1000 node".
- Only personal accounts have the IBU1000 right: Accounts for groups,
firms, institutions or societies must get their IBUs selling products
or services, or receiving donations, or charging fees to their
members.
- The protocol has also a distributed hmails/account database to
prevent the same physical person get his/her IBU1000 right more than
once. One person is one (or more) emails, and these emails are
converted to "hash emails" ("hmails", with ripemd160 hash function)
and stored associated to the correspondent ibu1000 account in many
nodes of the net: In this way it is easy for nodes to detect if a new
email receive its IBU1000 right on another node, simply making a query
to the distributed database... But these hmails cant be used for email
spam, because it is easy to convert an email into an "hmail", but the
reverse is not true.
- Each person has the right to get his/her IBU1000 incomes each month,
in the node of his/her election: No node can hijacked personal ibu1000
rights, and all the nodes must accept to translate an IBU1000 right
from one account into another if user want to do it.
- All the nodes must have a "valid" domain name, and all the accounts
in a node are of the form commented above: account$domain
- All the IBUs circulating by the net has their origin on personal
Universal Basic Incomes, and all the IBUs are indistinguible: One IBU
is exactly the same thing as any other IBU (there are not marks or
tags to distinguish them, or to trace them at all).
- The nodes acts as "banks", in the sense they serve sheets of account
movements to their users, and let them to make transactions, but not
in the sense "they create money as debt".
Nodes are not who create the IBUs: The IBUs are created by the users
(real persons) of the nodes. Nodes are all automatic and no human
decission or action is needed to create the IBUs.
Nodes (or other entities) can loan IBUs to users or firms, but not
creating them: Only existent IBUs can be loaned, and all IBUs are
created as Universal Basic Income for real persons.
- We are focused on respect users privacy and equality all over the
net, but the protocol has also an "IP_FOCUS" collective message to
prevent possible frauds transparently.

Well. We have (almost) a free software to implement this schema. This
free software has the form of a secure web server and is very simple
to install. The software implement a complete ibu1000 node schema, and
it is highly automated (for example: It creates each first day of the
month the IBUs on personal accounts having the ibu1000 right, or
actualize its distributed database after a shutdown, sincronizing it
with other nodes). We will release it on the next months.

Perhaps some powerful people dont like our project. In this way, as we
are "heavily internet based", and each node must have a "valid" domain
name, and currently most internet domain names are controlled by a
central autority (ICANN), then we think a new Opennic top level domain
could be helpfull for this project.

We know that any domain suffix could be used for that, but we need to
mantain some kind of control of the final suffix, to prevent anybody
can tergiverse, prohibits or shutdown it. Also, we need "short names"
because all the ibu accounts (and their domain names) will be written
each time one ibu transaction occurs around the world. We hope this
could happen thousand or million times each day...

We are choose ".ibu" for these domain names and setting up two DNS
servers responding it:

87.216.170.85 and 185.16.40.143

As we investigated, this suffix are not in any controverse or
duplicity with anybody.

Also these servers answer all Opennic and ICANN domain name queries.

We want to ask the Opennic Community to support .ibu domains also...

This is the sense of this email: To call for a vote in the opennic
community (we are members of) to support the new .ibu tld.

Alejandro Bonet

PD: Thanks for your patience and any question could be posted in this
mail list or sent directly to me (i prefer the list for transparency)
on albogoal AT gmail.com