discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] First ICANN, Now Spamhaus

Re: [opennic-discuss] First ICANN, Now Spamhaus

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] First ICANN, Now Spamhaus
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 00:58:51 -0600

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Daniel Quintiliani <danq AT runbox.com> wrote:
> 'Once they know it can be used for attacks and fraud, that should be an
> offense,' Cox said. 'You should be subject to something like a parking
> ticket... where the fine is greater than the cost of fixing it."

Why not fine the people administering those zones with 4K TXT records
who are actually at fault. If they really need records that size, why
can't they rate limit queries?

This is the equivalent of suggesting a lawsuit against a parking
garage after I checked out my Formula 100 racecar and let a stranger
take it for a joyride.