discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Alejandro Marquez's Tier 2 Listings

Re: [opennic-discuss] Alejandro Marquez's Tier 2 Listings

  • From: Amunak <amunak AT amunak.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Alejandro Marquez's Tier 2 Listings
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:54:57 +0100

 [2014-02-15 10:51+0100] Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com> wrote:
I think that it would be beneficial if we could write multiple addresses in
one server entry.
There's no benefit to more than one IPv4 and one IPv6 per listing
however, unless the additional addresses incur different routes to
clients.

If you actually had more (physical) servers running in one datacenter, it could still be beneficial. Especially if you have a guaranteed bandwidth. When one server is under attack or just down, you could still use the other. Assigning more addresses to one server, on the other hand, is utterly useless.