discuss - [opennic-discuss] NewNations TLD peering

[opennic-discuss] NewNations TLD peering

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC DNS Ops <dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org>, OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] NewNations TLD peering
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 10:10:44 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.2.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 43AF82D366

I wanted to advise everyone that there have been some issues discussed today on IRC with regards to resolving NewNations zones. Due to their own recent ddos attacks, they implemented some changes which affected their TLD nameservers, and it appears there is still some problems to work out. Because of these changes, the OpenNic root zone has probably not had data for NewNations TLDs through this past week.

I have made updates to the script that generates our root zone, so it is once again adding the NewNations data. In addition, I started mirroring all of their TLDs on ns2.opennic.glue, and added that server as an NS entry to the root zone. These changes should help ensure that we can provide a more reliable connection to our peer.

  • [opennic-discuss] NewNations TLD peering, Jeff Taylor, 08/10/2014