discuss - [opennic-discuss] Server Downtim

[opennic-discuss] Server Downtim

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>, dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Server Downtim
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:15:02 -0500

Hey all,

I was informed today of an issue with my mail server that was preventing
mails from being delivered. It was returning a 4xx error so things
should retry at some point. Thanks to Jeff for pointing it out to me.

Turns out the greylisting daemon had crashed and postfix doesn't like
that. I didn't notice because some mails get to skip the greylisting
service depending on various factors. Super sorry I didn't notice.

--Alex