discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .bit name resolution / ATT: CalumMc

Re: [opennic-discuss] .bit name resolution / ATT: CalumMc

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .bit name resolution / ATT: CalumMc
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 21:03:02 +0100

Hi,

It seems there may not be a problem at all.

Checking on the current blockchain, the vml.bit has recently been
updated ( http://namecha.in/name/d/vml ) and no longer holds any DNS
related info. The same goes for the other domains I've checked which
previously pointed to the same IP. Therefore OpenNIC servers are
taking the correct action by returning NXDOMAIN.

Could you check some of the other domains against the blockchain to
confirm this? It is possible some of the non-OpenNIC servers you
checked do not have the most up-to-date blockchain.

Just to let you know, OpenNIC DNS servers do return IP addresses for
.bit domains even if they are local or invalid.

Thanks.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk