discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificate added to api.opennicproject.org

Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificate added to api.opennicproject.org

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gp AT gparent.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificate added to api.opennicproject.org
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:55:37 +0000

I must admit, reading that post made me feel exactly like how I felt when going through validation myself a few months ago.

I gave them every single information they wanted, even offered them to call the phone for me to pick it up - they flat out refused and asked for more information. They preferred sending mail to an address that I allegedly owned over calling the number associated with my phone bill. They get away with this because they and their customers can justify it by saying they're a CA but the reality is the whole system is very inconsistent and doesn't really make me want to put my trust into the organization.

The whole thing looks like it's run off somebody's mother's basement. They're really cheap for what they offer, and the cost is appropriate for the level of service as well ( very bad ).

-gp