discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC SMTP Relay

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC SMTP Relay

  • From: fr33domlover <fr33domlover AT riseup.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Cc: calum AT mcalinden.me.uk
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC SMTP Relay
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 15:55:25 +0200

On 2014-12-23
Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk> wrote:

> On 22 December 2014 at 23:54, Riley Baird <riley AT openmailbox.org> wrote:
> > Are any publicly available SMTP relays that allow mail to be sent to
> > email addresses with OpenNIC TLDs?
>
> I think there used to be one some time ago, but unfortunately it
> ceased to exist for some reason.

Hello,

I have a small home server connected to OpenNIC and is about to start sending
my
email on port 25 (it already does IMAP and POP happily). If anyone needs some
kind of relay, perhaps I can help. I guess the use case is when you use a VPS
etc. and can't choose the DNS server it uses. Perhaps that's where the
strength
of a home server is :-) (or dedicated servers, but those must be expensive
to rent)

Perhaps it is related to a problem I'm having: Other servers can't send email
to me becaus they can't find my OpenNIC domain name. Is there a way to make
OpenNIC domains available to common SMTP servers through some kind of relay? I
could tell my SMTP server here to do whatever is necessary for that to work.
Although I got the impression it's impossible - hopefully I'm wrong.

---
fr33domlover <http://www.rel4tion.org/people/fr33domlover>
GPG key ID: 63E5E57D (size: 4096)
GPG key fingerprint: 6FEE C222 7323 EF85 A49D 5487 5252 C5C8 63E5 E57D