discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificates for alternative TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificates for alternative TLDs

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] SSL certificates for alternative TLDs
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 10:22:29 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 6E5672D341

I've been working with StartSSL certs recently, and part of their authentication process involves emails the owner of the domain for validation.  Since there is no whois that covers opennic domains, that information would not be available to them, so I doubt you could create a free cert.

I think the only option would be calling whoever creates your certs, and find out if they will do this.  I imagine you would have to pay for it though.