discuss - [opennic-discuss] For immediate action: Remove ns1.md.es and ns2.md.es

[opennic-discuss] For immediate action: Remove ns1.md.es and ns2.md.es

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org, "albogoal AT gmail.com >> Alejandro Bonet" <albogoal AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] For immediate action: Remove ns1.md.es and ns2.md.es
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 18:26:40 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.sourpuss.net D147A2D370

I have marked ns1.md.es (87.216.170.85) and ns2.md.es (185.16.40.143) to be deleted from the list of tier-2 public DNS servers. Alejandro has been warned numerous times that his server is not maintaining an up-to-date root zone, and thus will not provide access to the latest opennic or ICANN TLDs. If you are using these servers, please remove them immediately!

Alejandro --
I have personally told you in the past that you MUST slave the root zone from your tier2 servers. This zone is updated several times a day to provide our users with the latest information. Your root zone on both servers is 9 months out of date -- this is completely unacceptable! OpenNic users expect to have the most recent, up to date information, not something from last year.

If you wish to have your servers added back to the official list of OpenNic public servers, you need to set up the root zone as a slave so that it will continuously be updated. The file is only 1.3MB in size -- if these updates create too much traffic for your server (as you stated in the past), then you shouldn't be trying to run a public DNS server because you would typically be seeing that much regular traffic every 10 seconds through the day.