discuss - [opennic-discuss] Which DNS-Server to take - stability?

[opennic-discuss] Which DNS-Server to take - stability?

  • From: yanosz <opennic AT yanosz.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Which DNS-Server to take - stability?
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 23:49:16 +0100

Hei folks,

I started to integrate the OpenDNS server in our wireless community
network (*).
Unfortunately, I've chosen 213.202.215.23, which is down ATM. However,
it was suggested on the start page the moment I visited it.

This somewhat raises the question on which DNS-Server to take.
Are there anycast-IP-Addresses for example?

Of course, I'm well aware, that you cannot guarantee, that a server is
up / or down, but a well established server may be a better choice than
a short term test machine.

Given, that the IP-Adresse is hardcoded in the routers setup, changing
it is a pity. Can you recommend a bunch of servers?

Thanks,
yanosz

(*) https://github.com/yanosz/node-config