discuss - [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD

[opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD

  • From: Theo Bleier <me AT theos.space>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 10:47:02 -0500

So, I was looking into new gTLDs a few days ago, and I learned that Amazon has just registered .free as a new gTLD. Currently it's not active except for their small "Coming soon" site(http://nic.free), but will this affect our .free TLD at all? As far as I know, we don't generally like to conflict with ICANN?

-Theo

  • [opennic-discuss] ICANN now has a .free gTLD, Theo Bleier, 11/30/2016