discuss - [opennic-discuss] grep.geek search fixed

[opennic-discuss] grep.geek search fixed

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] grep.geek search fixed
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 13:12:56 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 10F632D36F

I know folks have had problem for awhile now with grep.geek search results returning a LOT of page that no longer exist. I've been working with one of the developers of the software who provided me with some commands to clean up the database. Basically what happened is over half of the stored pages were failing with a 503 error, and in most cases these were pointing at opennic domains that simply no longer exist.

After cleaning, the database now contains 22433 valid pages, and any search results you perform should provide only active pages. I've set up a cron job to perform this cleanup once a week, so we won't have the same accumulation of garbage occur again.