discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Can members vote on changes to charters?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Can members vote on changes to charters?

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Can members vote on changes to charters?
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2017 01:12:24 +0000

Ditto. I believe each TLD gets to decide that as long as their voting rules are not in violation of OpenNIC rules...

Some charters I’ve seen stipulate that the TLD members only get to vote (i.e. domain registrants of that TLD, and not necessarily OpenNIC members). Consequently, not all OpenNIC members get to vote; only registrants of at least one domain name of the TLD.

I’d start with the TLD operators with regards to charter change suggestions.

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 20:43 Christopher <weblionx AT gmail.com> wrote:
I think each charter should say how changes are made to it?