discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [.tut] Request for feedback

Re: [opennic-discuss] [.tut] Request for feedback

  • From: Christopher <weblionx AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [.tut] Request for feedback
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 13:53:45 -0500

The charter, even if you include all four headlined sections, are
extremely vague compared to other OpenNIC TLD charters. This is my
biggest concern.

I think a .tut[orial|or] TLD would likely server OpenNIC well as no
other TLD we have really covers that content specifically. The forcing
words to fit in a 3-letter TLD seems as silly as sticking with
3-letter file extensions when more would do. I think that .tut as
either .tutorial or .tutor is a bit limiting, too, and would be better
served by something like ".learn" though I know that's rather
English-centric, our TLDs already are.