discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Members page service interruptions

Re: [opennic-discuss] Members page service interruptions

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Members page service interruptions
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:21:08 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net 04ED02D49C

I get to things when I can, sometimes it just takes awhile.  I *think* this removes the last item that was running on the two web servers, so Fusl will be dropping those from Linode at the end of this month.

The auto-renew cron job for LetsEncrypt has been set up, and we have all the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses pointed to the new location now.  https://www.opennicproject.org/members/ is still being run from the old location but should get redirected to https://members.opennicproject.org/ at some point today.  Once that is done I will start shutting down services on the old web servers and we can verify over the next couple weeks that nothing else was still running on those machines before we drop them completely.

Note that I have a current 6-month incremental backup for both of the web servers, so even after Linode removes them we can still recover any info in case anything was forgotten.