discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Reintroduction of past proposals, instant runoff

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Reintroduction of past proposals, instant runoff

  • From: "Jack Ternan" <jackist AT email.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Reintroduction of past proposals, instant runoff
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 17:18:19 +0200

Anyone else notice the irony of reintroducing a proposal to prohibit reintroducing proposals?

Sent: Friday, July 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM
From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
Here is a proposed draft (note how I readded suggested months, and how I changed to January, as February is a bit too far):

--

The first round:

Vote up to 8 times in order of preference. In each round, an option may be chosen only once. The option with the least number of votes shall be removed from the upcoming round. All items with 0 votes shall be removed from the upcoming round.

Previously failed proposals to create OpenNIC TLDs, and all identical duplicates of proposals which have failed to pass, shall not be introduced for another:

(A) 12 months
(B) 9 months
(C) 8 months
(D) 6 months
(E) 4 months
(F) 3 months
(G) 1 month
(H) I vote against this change in policy.

This proposal, if passed, shall take effect on January 1, 2019, at 00:00 UTC.

--

The second round, in the example of three options are removed, will be:

Vote up to 5 times in order of preference. In each round, an option may be chosen only once. The option with the least number of votes shall be removed from the upcoming round.

--

When there are only two options left:

Please vote only once from the following two options:

--

-Dan Q