discuss - [opennic-discuss] NOTICE: updates and potential outage for FurNIC

[opennic-discuss] NOTICE: updates and potential outage for FurNIC

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] NOTICE: updates and potential outage for FurNIC
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 13:50:05 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net 1E7B12D49F

Tuesday the 21st (tomorrow) we will be performing maintenance of the peering infractructure between OpenNIC and FurNIC.  The maintenance window will be scheduled between 15:00-22:00 UTC but the actual changes should begin appearing sometime around 16:00 UTC.

While we do not anticipate this change will cause any outages of the FurNIC zones, there is always the possibility of an issue.  The update to the root zone should go smoothly, and then the opennic.glue zone should be updated within the next hour.  However there are a number of scripts which make use of the TXT data in the glue zone for creating their own support files and that is where I foresee the most likely problems will lie.  The maintenance window is scheduled for a period when we can keep an eye on things and make repairs as needed.

If you happen to see an outage of FurNIC or spot some other issue, please let us know on IRC (shdwdrgn or ph3-der-loewe) or here on the mailing list, and we will attempt to correct the problem as quickly as possible.