discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Ansible Playbook

Re: [opennic-discuss] Ansible Playbook

  • From: Timothy Rogers <opennic AT timothyfrancisrogers.me>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Ansible Playbook
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 15:34:18 -0400

Oh it might have been helpful to provide the link :D
https://gitlab.com/hack13/ansible-opennic-setup

--
Timothy Rogers
*@timothyfrancisrogers.me

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018, at 3:32 PM, Timothy Rogers wrote:
I built an Ansible Playbook to attempt to ease the setup of OpenNIC Tier 2 servers on different OS's. So far I have successfully tested and confirmed working on CentOS 7, Fedora 28, and Ubuntu 18.04. However, I should point out I am more of an RHEL guy so the Ubuntu one may need a bit more love.

With the Fedora and CentOS installs, I have it working where you do not need to set SELinux to disabled/permissive mode. It also configures the firewall to allow port 53 to accept connections.

The Ubuntu one, on a base install of Ubuntu 18.04 server it appears to use UFW(Uncomplicated FireWall) by default. So I used that to make sure SSH and Port 53 were enabled, however, I am not very versed in this so I didn't want to go any further like blocking all the other ports and causing someone to get locked out of their machine. If you want to help with that, please fork my playbook and lend a hand.

I hope others find some usefulness in this Ansible Playbook, and I plan to keep it updated so that I can add more zones and such since it doesn't work based off the srvzone script.

Anyways, all feedback is welcomed! I really want to get more involved in ways that I can, as I am a UNIX\Linux SysAdmin as my day job I figured I could use some of my skills in automation to help people get started.
--
Timothy Rogers
opennic AT timothyfrancisrogers.me