discuss - [opennic-discuss] Unable to create new entries on the servers page

[opennic-discuss] Unable to create new entries on the servers page

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Unable to create new entries on the servers page
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2018 20:48:40 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.computerrehab.us D15042D7DE

I just wanted to let everyone know I am aware that the servers page is currently not allowing people to create new entries due to a failure of the Google API.  It looks like they require a paid subscription to perform lookups now so I am searching for a friendlier alternative.  At the moment GeoNames is looking promising as they provide a daily data dump including an SQL table that could be used to perform local lookups of city names and locations.

Sorry I do not have an ETA on when the changes will be completed, this is going to be a busy week for me but I will work on it as time allows.

  • [opennic-discuss] Unable to create new entries on the servers page, Jeff Taylor, 09/17/2018