discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Should we have a vote on .bit ?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Should we have a vote on .bit ?

  • From: "Mikhail Elias" <mikhail AT mikhailelias.net>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Cc: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Should we have a vote on .bit ?
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 23:29:43 +0530 (+0530)

Its a good idea to separate defense of privacy as a human right from abusive
practices such as misuse of technology for human exploitation and botnet
operations.

Botnets are designed specifically to violate the privacy of those very same
people whose freedoms OpenNIC is intended to defend. Many botnets may in fact
be operated by law enforcement and security researchers - but should one ever
distinguish between 'good' and 'bad' botnets?

Namecoin just had a hard crash - about 90% - in trading price in recent
weeks. Noticed any changes in network traffic patterns?