discuss - [opennic-discuss] Download list of actual Tier1+tier2 OpenNIC server with script

[opennic-discuss] Download list of actual Tier1+tier2 OpenNIC server with script

  • From: Oleg Khovayko <khovayko AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Download list of actual Tier1+tier2 OpenNIC server with script
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 16:53:03 -0500

Hello,

I represent EmerDNS, we have successful peering with OpenNIC for years. Currently, our sites {seed1,seed2}.emercoin.com provide to the OpenNIC dns answers to support this peering. Unfortunately, I see many request from the world directly to our seeds from many IPs, other tahn OpenNIC. I assume, some botnets using them.

I would like add firewall rules to our DNS gateways, just to restrict access to your Tier1+Tier2 servers only. With this solution, we'll provide DNS-answers to OpenNIC only. Of course, we already created this "whitelist" manually, just from your WEB-pages: https://servers.opennicproject.org

I have question: Is there exist way to download this list from script as text file, just to use in automatic system to auto-setup firewall rules?

Thanks in advance,

Oleg