discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] simple question, when using a private caching/resolving DNS server

Re: [opennic-discuss] simple question, when using a private caching/resolving DNS server

  • From: "Walter H." <Walter.H AT mathemainzel.info>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] simple question, when using a private caching/resolving DNS server
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 14:15:15 +0200
  • Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 vhost01.ipv6help.de 07E7E63D50

Hello,

ok, when a DNS-rquest of an ICANN entrie is done,
does this go no slower than 'now'?

e.g.   doing
nslookup  www.vienna.at
on my windows box, using my DNS cache/resolver

I'm new to this alternative DNS; when replacing the root.hints,
do I have to trust the OpenNIC DNS servers with the ICANN entries
or does my cache/resolver still do the DNSSEC validation of the ICANN entries?

Thanks,
Walter