discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Why is the ".o" domain not working?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Why is the ".o" domain not working?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: Rafael Cardoso Dias Costa <rfcard AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Why is the ".o" domain not working?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 13:03:39 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.computerrehab.us A0BB12D554

Sorry, no.  Basically domains under .o require alternate root zones.  This means that you have to use a custom DNS server which recognizes those domains.  Note that our root zone *also* recognizes all of the standard ICANN domains, however you of course cannot expect your customers to also change their computer setups.