discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Decommission of v4.fellig.org

Re: [opennic-discuss] Decommission of v4.fellig.org

  • From: Philipp Schafft <lion AT lion.leolix.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Cc: dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Decommission of v4.fellig.org
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 09:10:50 +0000

Good morning,

On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 18:42 -0400, Timothy Rogers wrote:
> https://servers.opennic.org/edit.php?srv=ns4.opennic.glue
>
> This one appears to be the only one I see listed as a Tier 1 peer box
> on the OpenNIC servers list. Has/is this one being replaced as well as
> it has a different IP address, I don’t see any Tier 1 listed with this
> IP address, I am happy to add this to the Ansible-OpenNIC project I
> keep for managing OpenNIC boxes.

ns4.opennic.glue is a different box. That is a machine we sponsor as T1.
It does nothing else.

v4.fellig.org used to have been used in OpenNIC context long ago, but
may still be in use a (T2-style) resolver by some people or might be
found in old configs. This is the reason why I sent the mail.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft,
erster Vorsitzender des Fellig e.V.

  • Re: [opennic-discuss] Decommission of v4.fellig.org, Philipp Schafft, 07/01/2020