discuss - [opennic-discuss] For Discussion - defunct TLD | .o |

[opennic-discuss] For Discussion - defunct TLD | .o |

  • From: BinBash Shabang <binbash AT 55h.io>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] For Discussion - defunct TLD | .o |
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 16:33:23 +1300

Good afternoon list-ees

I'll jump straight to the point: I have noticed that the .o TLD appears to be un-managed and non-responsive for quite some time now.

As an avid contributor to OpenNIC with 2 T2 servers and a T1 in progress (to serve the south pacific; ie NZ) I would like to suggest a take over of the .o TLD.

It would seem a pity, such a unique TLD be dropped, with already hundreds of domains on it, which proves it's popularity.

My request as such is to get the conversation going with this in mind, if this is at all something that would be considered.

Regards

Bin