discuss - [opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay

[opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay

  • From: Christoph Harder <c_harder AT arcor.de>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 11:45:42 +0100

Hello everybody,

I hope this is the correct list for this topic. I'm using .dyn-addresses for
multiple places which have non-static addresses.
However even when updating the address regularly (every 10 Minutes) the
address update sometimes takes a long time (sometimes hours, sometimes days).
Is this related to the way the updates are handled or does the dns
propagation cause this delay?
Is there any way to improve the time that is required between an update and
using this address to access the correct ip?

Best regards,
Christoph