discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay

Re: [opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay

  • From: Christoph Harder <c_harder AT arcor.de>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] dynamic DNS delay
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 19:30:51 +0100

Again, thank you for the fast reply.
I've contacted Jeff regarding the update of .dyn domains.

Best regards,
Christoph

Am 13.01.2021 um 19:16 schrieb Erich Eckner:
On Wed, 13 Jan 2021, Christoph Harder wrote:

Hello Eric,

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your fast reply.

Now, I read a little about .dyn domains and I see, that you do not really
have control over the TTL when updating your ip via the URL.

Today I checked again, even when I open the link to update my dynamic dns entry in my browser the
IP doesn't seem to change
(http://api.opennicproject.org/ddns/<DOMAIN>?user=<USER>&auth=<TOKEN> of
course with DOMAIN, USER and TOKEN replaced by the appropriate values).

The site http://be.libre/ showed a different IP for the dynamic dns entry.
My router as well as multiple "what is my ip"-sites showed a different ip
from the one that be.libre showed.

On be.libre I tried to disable the site and enable it again. However now it
is not showing any ip address at all on be.libre

In addition to this, when I try to open the link to update the ip I get a "Not
Found The requested URL was not found on this server.", if I remenber correctly
in the past when I set this up I did get another reply.

I see this error, too. I guess, something on the .dyn server was changed and
broke.

I tried to use nslookup and the dns servers 78.47.243.3 and 62.210.180.71,
both returned the wrong address and if I'm not mistaken nslookup doesn't
cache if a server is given.

Hope you have any suggestions what the problem might be.

I'm afraid, there is some problem on .dyn itself. Maybe, you should write an
email to Jeff Taylor (the admin of .dyn) if he does not reply on this list,
here :-)

Best regards,
Christoph

regards,