discuss - [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC whitelisting API broken, OpenNIC members site has outdated into

[opennic-discuss] OpenNIC whitelisting API broken, OpenNIC members site has outdated into

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC whitelisting API broken, OpenNIC members site has outdated into
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 03:41:06 -0500

Hi,

https://161.97.219.82/ip/update/ is a 404. That's the old URL for api.opennic.org, but the problem is it's still being advertised on members.opennic.org (hardcoded?)

Moreover, https://members.opennicproject.org has an expired TLS cert. So does https://lists.opennicproject.org.

Finally, using the proper API URL from an IPv4 endpoint (haven't tested IPv6) adds the IP of api.opennicproject.org to the whitelist, instead of the actual IP of the machine that calls the API... in other words:
always outputs:
# 116.203.98.109
which happens to be the IPv4 address for api.opennicproject.org:

host api.opennicproject.org
api.opennicproject.org is an alias for api.opennic.org.
api.opennic.org has address 116.203.98.109
api.opennic.org has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:1c1c:bd6f::1

Seems like a logic error to me, making it impossible to update dynamic IPs on whitelists, or the API has changed (again, both the wiki and the members.opennicproject.org portal needs to be updated in this case), and I am using it incorrectly.

Is anyone looking into this? Need help?

Rouben