discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss]   [public relations] Anyone want to do an "interview" on behalf of the community?

Re: [opennic-discuss]   [public relations] Anyone want to do an "interview" on behalf of the community?

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss]   [public relations] Anyone want to do an "interview" on behalf of the community?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:09:28 -0500

I appreciate the vote of confidence, Tim. lol

Well, I'll get back to
the guy and let him know that I/we are prepared to help out with any
article he wishes to produce. I'm not sure I want to do a podcast if
that's what he actually wants.

If I can get him to give a better idea of
how he wants to approach an interview and perhaps is willing to provide
a draft of anticipated questions, I can put them forward here to
discuss.

oh, I guess I could give a bit more information about the guy and the
context(s).

If anyone is not familiar with what "Freedom Cells" is, it is basically
a bunch of anarchists / volunteerists working together to create
solutions to provide more individual freedoms. The web site is here:

https://www.freedomcells.org/

There are currently almost 20K people registered on the site. I've
been letting people know about the value of alternative DNS and of
course slipped in openNIC.

I'm not sure about a larger, hierarchical or
benevolent dictator approach with the founders, many certainly lean
towards blockchain for their "security", but if some would like, I was
thinking about a freedom cell TLD for their members with an associated,
private network (with possible mesh).

Anyhow, that's the gist of it.
Many of the "cells" are on telegram as well and that's where most of
the realtime chatting is happening.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Still waiting for someone else to raise their hand and take over from
my potential misery. lol

Cheers,

Kevin