discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Note to all new T2 server ops

Re: [opennic-discuss] Note to all new T2 server ops

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Note to all new T2 server ops
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:47:58 -0600

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 05:40:40PM +0100, Psilo wrote:
> I prefer to remain anonymous, so since this is not acceptable, I
> suppose my server will not be an "official" one. Sorry about that!

Fair enough. I still appreciate your contribution.

> I advise you to make sure all these new T2 servers will stay online
> for at least several months, otherwise users would have to reconfigure
> their DNS, and I don't think they would appreciate that...

Valid point. Several of us have discussed possible methods to "rate"
T2 servers in terms of reliability, likelihood to stay around, etc.
One method might be to list the dates of service for each server (or
when the server op joined the m/l, etc.) and let users decide for
themselves. We've not come up with anything yet that's workable.

--Brian