discuss - [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Server

[opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Server

  • From: Jamyn Shanley <jamyn AT jamyn.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Server
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 16:30:37 -0600

Hi,

I've setup a new DNS server, and am requesting that it be published in the Tier 2 list of public servers.

When testing, I saw some latency, since all queries were going to openNIC's public servers. In an effort to offload some of that and improve overall performance, I've customized my root cache file so that all standard TLDs query the primary root nameservers, and all others are sent to openNIC's root servers.

It seems to be working well, and response times are acceptable: http://opennic.oss/test/t2.php?ip_addr=208.74.121.196
If I need to do anything else to submit my server for consideration, please let me know. Thanks!