discuss - [opennic-discuss] Technical Problems

[opennic-discuss] Technical Problems

  • From: subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Technical Problems
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 04:27:04 +0100

Hi @all,

supposedly my question got lost amid the political and legal discussion going
on. However, the problem still exists, so I dare ask again (Linux version
2.6.32-2-686 (Debian 2.6.32-8) (ben AT decadent.org.uk) (gcc version 4.3.4
(Debian 4.3.4-6) ) #1 SMP Thu Feb 11 04:08:42 UTC 2010):
:

I've just tried to migrate to OpenNIC, however it didn't work.

1. I replaced the nameservers listed in resolv.conf by the two german ip's
listed on your homepage. However, since the two environment variables $DNS1
and $DNS2 still kept the values pppd once defined them with I had to run a
/etc/init.d/networking stop|start - of course after having commented the
"usepeerdns" options in /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider. (Two vital necessities
that somehow slipped the author of the HowTo on your site). After that
nothing on the internet was reachable anymore, whence I must assume that
those nameservers aren't active anymore.

2. In order to be able to post these problems on your forum I tried to
register on your site. The result always was: "Illegal token", however
unsophisticated a password I chose. I fancy it's the "@" in the mail address
your server's script stumbles upon

Would anyone be so kind and shed some light on me?

Thx in advance
Martin

--
Volk ist Opium für eine Religion.