discuss - [opennic-discuss] Killed an IP due to excessive usage

[opennic-discuss] Killed an IP due to excessive usage

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Killed an IP due to excessive usage
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:08:29 -0700

This evening I have to block an IP address which was pulling *massive* amounts of queries off of ns1.co.us.dns.opennic.glue. This address was completely flooding my bandwidth and preventing regular traffic flow, so I nuked it with iptables.

If 88.190.13.47 belongs to you, sorry for that but good god what were you doing? If there was a legitimate use for so much traffic (about 250,000 queries in 10-15 minutes), let me know, and we'll see if we can work out something.