discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Idea for 'protected' domains

Re: [opennic-discuss] Idea for 'protected' domains

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Idea for 'protected' domains
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 09:56:23 -0700

one concern someone else in this project group was that the idea of DNS
Hijacking could easily further complicate matters, esp if the Gov't
could push out records pointing at propaganda sites, and even worse,
using this system against itself in the process)
I forgot to comment on this part... This was part of the basis of my comment on trust in my original post. The system I envision would be completely closed, with the list of 'protected' sites being hard-coded somewhere. The web page where additional domains could be suggested would simply give us a list to work from, perhaps spawning an auto-email to the mailing list as a request for voting, however a feature such as this with some much potential for abuse should NEVER spawn domain redirects on a completely automated basis.