discuss - [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers

[opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers

  • From: Scott Mathieson <scotty AT nodokodo.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 03:54:32 +0100

Hello,

I've configured two servers as Tier 2 and would like to know where to
go from here.

94.23.246.31 Roubaidx, France
216.189.8.141 Rock Hill, South Carolina

Both have logging disabled.

They've been running successfully (as far as I can tell) since
yesterday and I am using them in place of my ISP/Google DNS servers
with excellent results.

Currently both boxes (one dedicated, one vps) are configured only for
IPv4 but are IPv6 enabled at provider so I could add this if it's a
good idea to do so?

Any pointers welcome. I'm an application dev & not a bad sys admin but
my bind fu is rather lacking ;)

Cheers, Scotty