discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers

Re: [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers

  • From: Scott Mathieson <scotty AT nodokodo.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New Tier 2 Servers
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 05:47:59 +0100

hostigation.com, starter KVM 10GB/128MB/500GB/1 each IPv4 & IPv6
@$3/month… rock solid. The owner/operator is a tech. and not just some
kid trying to make a buck. Definitely knows his shit.

I've been with Linode before, always had the feeling I was being
robbed; fancy schamncy CP means not a jot to me, spend my life in the
shell. Prefer KVM anyway.

On 16 August 2011 05:10, Hanselka, Alex <alex AT hanselka.name> wrote:
> Meh, Linode works well and has native v6... But it is certainly more
> expensive than that :P
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Scott Mathieson <scotty AT nodokodo.com>
> wrote:
>> I've mentioned it to the host, see what comes from it.
>>
>> Perhaps I should stick to $3 VPS nodes—they seem to work better!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On 15 August 2011 20:45, Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net> wrote:
>>> The digs are performed from NS0, however until yesterday I was also
>>> running
>>> the same reports from my own server and comparing results...
>>>
>>> Generally speaking, the results from both hosts matched up.  Queries to
>>> the
>>> T2 servers either went smoothly, or there were obvious problems getting
>>> reliable answers.  During periods when there was a problem with the host
>>> servers (NS0 or my server), the problems were consistent across ALL T2
>>> server results, usually showing as either all yellow or all red.  If the
>>> host testing is running smoothly, then you will see the type of scattered
>>> results that are showing up now.  Note that most of the T2 servers respond
>>> consistently and are green all the way across.  Some servers might have
>>> one
>>> or two yellow dots which may indicate they were receiving high traffic
>>> loads
>>> at the time.  If you take a look at ns4.de and ns5.de, these are ipv4 and
>>> ipv6 ports to the same server, and the periods of yellow warnings match up
>>> almost identically, showing that the problem is with the server or its
>>> local
>>> network.  However in the case of ns6.fr and ns7.fr, all of the failures