discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of the BZH zone

Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of the BZH zone

  • From: Zach Gibbens <infocop411 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of the BZH zone
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:45:18 -0400

We did our due diligence, they metioned it themselves, they have some
involvement with the group trying to get it into ICANN, they saw this as a
way to
Promote the idea with ICANN dragging their feet for a long time (I think I
recall somebody saying years, but not too sure on that)
Their plans were for ICANN approval in the long run, so that wouldn't have
been much of an issue

How long do we have to talk about a thread till somebody gets the message,
reads it and fixes it, and how long does it take to read it and say,
whoops your right, it's broken, I'll fix it ASAP, how long has it been down,
over 5 days, that might be premature, I'd be thinking 7-10 (for a vote to
remove to start) but when the vote closes in 15 days (10 for the vote, 5 for
this thread) is that enough time, if we waited for 60 days, why was that
enough time

it looks poorly on the group to have servers that don't respond, looks poorly
to have to change /etc/resolv.conf (or equavilant) every so often, becuase a
server is offline or b0rked.
I honestly think we should have this as a policy, if your server is
unresponsive for one week, and an admin is unresponsive for one week, (maybe
a week is too long, maybe it's too short) we should have that be the immidate
reason to drop a server, and talk about hosting it on another tier1 or
dropping it.

Is there a Tier 1 op that'd rather carry it than drop it?