discuss - [opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN

[opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN

  • From: Hans Sussenburger <hans.sussenburger AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:56:30 -0800

Hi,

First off, my thanks to Julian for his help in getting me set up and started on OpenNic.
Exchanging email between two OpenNic domain accounts works just fine, and sending from my OpenNic account "tennessee.jed AT rambleonrose.indy" to any ICANN account is easy too.

What turned out to be a bit more tricky, as expected, was to send, for example, from hans.sussenburger AT gmail.com to tennessee.jed AT rambleonrose.indy.
I would be interested to hear what you guys are doing to get this to work :-).

For my part, I set up a forwarding system with a demo version of SmartPOP2Exchange (by JAM Software GmbH) like this:
1) I set up a mailbox "tennesseejed-rambleonrose.indy AT sussenburger.com"
2) I installed SmartPOP2Exchange on my machine at home and configured it to pull the contents of the "jed" account and forward any mail it to tennessee.jed AT rambleonrose.indy
While this is not fully satisfying, the non-techies in my household are quite attached to the email manifestation of their domain :-).

Let me know what you think, and especially if you have something better,
 Hans