discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN

Re: [opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN

  • From: Mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Email to an account at one of the OpenNic domains from old ICANN
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:41:12 -0500

Yes, that is the tricky part since an email client who is running on a
host which is not pointing to an OpenNIC resolver has no way to locate
an A record for rambleonrose.indy never mind an MX record.

Yeah, I don't know if you're going to be able to do that at all?! You
would have to somehow attach an MX record for ramblonrose.indy to a
domain that is visible from the ICANN namespace, but then how do you get
the email sender to resolve that if it just knows ramblonrose.indy?!

It's a tough one.

--Mike