discuss - [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on *nix

[opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on *nix

  • From: Mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Wizard build on *nix
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 03:40:10 -0500

On 03/02/2012 01:59 AM, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT&Internet) wrote:

> no prob, as i use Gentoo and NetBSD mainly i would try to build it byself
> by hand.

Niels,

Here's a screen snap OpenNICServer (I should probably really rename that
to OpenNICService or so) running on linux;

http://sourceforge.net/p/opennicwizard/screenshot/opennic-linux1.jpeg

The OpenNICServer binary should be run with the -exec flag for
debugging, otherwise it goes into daemon mode and detaches itself form
the console.

Again, there is no support currently for any attempt at locating the
bootstrap file outside of the current working directory. What I can do
for the upcoming 0.3.rc2 release is to make a quick hack that the *nix
build is hard coded to look in /etc/opennic/ or so. That should at least
make for a somewhat reasonable *nix offering I think. That and a little
bit of a README.linux file or something I think would do it for starters.

PS. Got a clean build what will be the 0.3.rc2 release. I'm doing a bit
of re-work on the OpenNICDnClient class that I wrote about briefly the
other day, whereby I am beefing up the OpenNICDnsQuery class (formerly
named dns_query class) such that the each in-flight query object
instance will now carry with it everything that needs to be known about
that particular query instance, such that I should be able to eliminate
the OpenNICDnsClient class all together and just have the query object
completely self contained and able to service itself, and then anybody
that cares about a particular query instance can just listen to it's
signals. I think overall it will make for more efficient operation, and
eliminate the need for keeping lists of in-flight queries as they will
now self-track.

Anyway, aught to be wrapping up 0.3.rc2 sometime later this evening or
perhaps tomorrow at the latest I think.

--Mike